Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Slapstick

So yesterday I decided to buy a ticket to see Teddy Thompson, so I walked the fifteen minutes to Queen's Hall. (SO EXCITING to live that close to the venue!) Of course, the ground in Edinburgh is always wet, always muddy. And I'm listening to John Fogerty, very American of me. Bouncing along, thinking, "How can you not smile? You're in Edinburgh!" And my foot slips in a spot of mud. And I nearly fall.

Nearly.

But that doesn't stop a car full of boys from rolling down their windows to point and laugh loudly as they drive past me. Why should I be the only person who's allowed to laugh at my carelessness?




Teddy Thompson, January 30th. I cannot even begin to comprehend how lucky I am.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Ashley!!
    Have a cup of tea for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley you lucky duck. Have a pint, or two for me! Oh to be young, beautiful, and intelligent in Edinburgh. I am enjoying your experience vicariously.
    Love, Terri

    ReplyDelete