Thursday, April 30, 2009

28 days later...

I'll be hooooome!

Let the countdown to omelets and craisins begin.

I should be writing the final that's due tomorrow. Two 2000-word stories, plus a 1000-word explication for each. But I'm not sure what to write about. So I'm listening to Warren Zevon right now, though my iPod is on "shuffle," and dreaming up things to do in Denver when you're dead. So I'm trying to think of what I can blame my recent bouts of unproductive-itis on, and I've come up with a list. With pictures!

-The Red Sox. I think that the more productive their lineup, the less productive I become. In particular Jason Bay. I'm told he has strong hands.
From Miscellaneous

-Beaver. The less said about this, the better.
-Clark Duke. Also from Greek. "For a gay guy, you're shockingly ignorant about matters of home decor." "It's a valence. A window treatment."
-Snood.
From Miscellaneous

-Henry DeTamble. (I actually had a dream that I had the same genetic mutation as Henry last night.)
-Chuck Bass. Especially Chuck with Blair.
From Miscellaneous

-The Bobby + PJ dating scenario. It works for me.
-Bobby saying, "Wicked? Like, Boston wicked, or witchy wicked?"
-Todd Snider's Excitment Plan. I need it.
From Miscellaneous




Now, I have a new group of Shetland friends who might not know how I roll over the summer. I ditch facebook, thoroughly, and try to stay as "at home" as possible. Which means that, unless I find a very good reason to keep up with my blog, I'll be off the grid. They might just be that reason.

I know you guys have all be talking about possibly making some rules for the blogging, and I think that might be the only thing that motivates me to not abandon ship once I'm home. (I originally began this as an attempt to keep people back home in my specific loop, so going home sort of erases that need.) I think this could be a really good way to stay in touch. What say you?

I'm issuing my first challenge. Write a blog that includes as many cliches and platitudes as humanly possible. And it has to make sense. Cara, I think, would be good at this for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you much luck on the stories! Will you allow me to take a gander (cliché? though I do love that expression!) at them once you're done? Do you have deviantart?

    The rules for blogging is an excellent plan, we love our Ashley blogs! It is a super way of staying in touch. What better way than the blog challenge idea? Both hilarious and motivational!

    Miss you! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete