Sunday, March 8, 2009

"What a coincidence! I happen to love beautiful twenty year old girls."

So Mom emails me yesterday:


He's here July 19......at the Pavillion. Remember last time? I'll try again if you will. Love, Mom



Yes.Yes.Yes. I'll try again. Which means I'll be seeing Jackson Browne April 3rd, happy birthday James, and April 15th, presumably. If I go to visit Athena. So that means three Jackson Browne shows by the end of July.

And the Young Dubliners are playing Foxboro on August 14. Which means I'll be having that pint with YOU, sir. So basically, I'm geeking, right? Kristin and I are scheduled for a beautiful night with Bren, and I've got three evenings with Clyde lined up.


"But, Ashley," you say, "what on Earth does that have to do with the man who happens to love beautiful twenty year old girls?" Oh, so you've been paying attention and remember last spring when Todd Snider left me a touching voicemail about my mother's drinking habits! When Todd Snider made working on finals seem not-so-rotten. And you're saying, "Surely, he can't be hitting the big city again so soon, could he?"

And remember, children, how I feared that he would play NoHo while I was in Scotland?


PARADISE. JUNE 12.

And then you have Paste Magazine, reporting on the fact that Snider just went through ANOTHER label. (He better change the lyrics to "Age Like Wine" accordingly.) They quoted Yep Roc, the label he just signed with. (Isn't J.Prine on Yep Roc? Or was it my dear Keb'?) Anyway, the announcement reads:
While Todd could not be reached for comment as he doesn't do technology or wear shoes, his road manager Elvis was overhead saying to, 'leave the unmarked money in a paper bag by the phone booth...
Someone named Ashley is geeking all over the place. Do you realize what this means?

Good things, that's what it means.

Peace. Love. Anarchy.

2 comments:

  1. This is gonna be a GREAT music year! We're seeing FLogging Molly Tuesday at the House of Blues....L.C. in May..Todd Snider,we'll have to make that a family affair! And Jackson in August

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are music animals!!! Enjoy!
    Diann, did you get tix for NY?!

    ReplyDelete