Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cocaine's for roadies, not for men

I have shamed Michael Lesy and for this I must repent.

The blog that once stood in this place was the emotional equivalent of packaging all the letters and emails Jacob ever wrote me and sending them with a nice little bow to that girl who is not me.

Fun to scheme with friends, but I don't actually want to hurt anyone. Which this might have done. And can you imagine if RICHARD had read it? Oh, dear! I ought to have left it at this:

I love the Young Dubliners and Friday night was an adventure that reminded me just how much I love Bren, that goofball bassist.

So you can beg and plead, but no, I won't tell anyone who hasn't already read it what was here once. Except for this:

The boy who works at Juice Monkeys is named Paul. And if he finds this blog via google, well, I'm sure that will make Monday morning awkward.

6 comments:

  1. Extensive account. I'm impressed.

    And that guy wasn't particularly cute. Perhaps if he hadn't been stumbling we could have gotten a better look, but I do know he could have been improved with coffee and a cold shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I was doing worse than I thought.... I still managed to help out the drunk sleeping in the lobby of my building...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2 mini paragraphs eeples wrote seem a tad more appropriate. Privacy and all.....People will fear approachng you lest they be described by your poison keyboard!Stand up straight and lighten up,child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, your poor suffering mother!! I suspect I will never even want to hear a Teddy Thompson song, let alone buy a CD!! And, I have to ask, did you find shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good story! Don't change a thing!
    -Rachael

    ReplyDelete